We created a business plan, did our own advertising, added new food items, and went through each recipe to make sure it was of the highest food quality. We were committed to only serving the quality of food that we would serve for our Sunday dinners. That dedication has now been the standard for over 33 years.
In the fall of 2000 we opened our second location in Orem–still family owned and operated, with the same values and commitment toward food quality. Today Taco Amigo is a thriving and vibrant business. Over the years we have given 600+ teens their first work experience and currently employ 70 individuals, many who have been with us for more than a decade. Our employees are like family and are one of our greatest assets.
Today Kathy, Carl, Greg and Melissa shoulder the majority of the day-to-day operations.
We thank our loyal customers and welcome them into the family. It’s an honor to serve you.
Founder, Taco Amigo
- Our cooks begin work at 7am to prepare food fresh—each and every day. They cook ground beef and beans for the day, grill chicken, make our signature sauces, grate cheese, cut vegetables, and hand-fry every nacho chip, taco shell, tostada shell, etc.
- Our beans are made from scratch. They arrive in 50 lb bags—not in cans that need reheating or in sealed bags that just require boiling. They are good for you and we don’t add any lard or fat.
- The quality of our ground beef is incredible. There are no fillers, pink slime, or extenders. It’s ground each morning and delivered daily. We cook it to perfection and then drain any excess grease off of it. It costs us a lot—and it’s worth it.
- We’re known for our seasonal Fresh Strawberry and Fresh Peach Shakes. Most of the peaches are grown in our own orchards and we sell thousands of them.
- We place a huge emphasis on food safety. Every day we feed our kids, our parents, our neighbors, and about a thousand friends. We always err on the side of caution and never use any food that we’re unsure of.